I’ve noticed a lot of bloggers post shopping wish lists to their site every now and then, whether that is to inspire readers with what they have found, or to motivate themselves to save up for said products.
I thought I might try a bit of both, though as we have just passed Christmas, I will admit that the majority of these were gifts!
1. I’m really cheap when it comes to make-up. The only thing I splash out on is quality foundation, so I’ve never bought a decent lipstick before. Lip gloss was more my thing, but I hate how it disappears after ten minutes, so it’s great that I don’t have to continually reapply this one. l’Oreal’s Burning Rose is a shade of raspberry, which is perfect for those who are a tad scared of wearing a bold red colour.
2. The Fictional Woman by Tara Moss is a mix of memoir and social analysis to examine the common frictions about women. Tara weaves her own experiences into a broader look at everyday sexism and issues surrounding the under-representation of women, modern motherhood, body image and the portrayal of women in politics, entertainment, advertising and the media. I’m only half way through, but so far I applaud it; her words articulate everything I’ve been thinking for years.
3. I bought this mug as a Secret Santa gift for a colleague, and then Joe ended up getting me my own little ‘J’ one – possibly a sly dig that he always beats me in Scrabble…
4. This Aurelia bag is a great replacement for a huge handbag, especially when you’re just popping to the shops. I have the larger version too which I love as beige goes with everything.
5. I’m beginning to develop a more consistent sense of style now instead of having a complete mismatched wardrobe. The lace material adds a more feminine touch to this simple t-shirt, and the cropped element means I can pair it with a high waist skirt.
6. These cushions are the motivation aspect of my list. I’m putting together a new colour scheme in my living room and these are perfect, but they’re sold out everywhere! I’ve tried liking other cushions, but none compare so hopefully they’ll be back in stock soon.
7. I got this orange Chevron throw from the same Target range as the cushions, to brighten everything up.
8. Kmart is great for candles, there are so many to choose from and they’re so cheap! This $6 one is huge, and it smells of vanilla and popcorn.
9. I’ve been placing my flowers in a hipster style old wine bottle for the past few months, so it was about time I got a grown-up vase.